Friday, February 12, 2010

Welcome and Introduction

Welcome to Becoming Equal with Equus.
My purpose with this space to share my experience working with my 3 horses in a way different than any method on the market.

There are no tricks or quick-fixes. I do not consider this "training" but rather, building a relationship and a friendship based on loyalty, trust, friendship and love. Any achievements are simply a by-product of the relationship, and a way to keep an active creature (horse) fit and healthy.

I have had many teachers. The most important one (and yes, this sounds incredibly cliche) is the horse. A wise man once said "the Horse is Always Right". I believe this to be true, and I follow this phrase with every moment I spend with my horses.
I observe many teachers. I enjoy what I learn, including the teachers who show what NOT to do. Over time, I will divulge the teachers who have taught me the most valuable lessons, and why I hold them in esteem, and what of their teachings I leave out.

I will also share what I learn of barefoot hoofcare. I trim my own horses and hope to expand that realm of my knowledge.

I hope others can read this, and expand their view of the horse. We must step out of what has been handed down generation after generation, and begin to learn and think for ourselves.

1 comment:

  1. Annie, this is great! I can't wait to see what else you unveil in this fascinating blog!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete